2020 is our 100th anniversary. Volunteers continue to give their time and energy to ensure that League has a great future. Get involved and make a difference by volunteering locally right here in our league.
- Voter Services: Register voters (must be LWV member), voter education, organize candidate forums
- Local Observer Corp: Attend city, county or school board meetings and make a short report for our newsletter
- Membership: Invite people to join, greet attendees at meetings, mentor a new member, calling to encourage member involvement at special events
- Legislative Watch: Observe committee hearings at the legislature in area of your interest and write a short report to League
- Action: Write testimony on local or state issues, write letters to the editor for the League president’s signature
- Fund Raising: Plan and organize events to raise money for our local League
- Assist Treasurer: Keep spreadsheets, help audit funds, etc.
- Hospitality/Social Events: Work as greeter at lunch meetings, schedule menus/lunches for meetings, provide desserts and snacks for events
- Publications: Compile membership directory; compile annual meeting booklet; provide technical assistance for website and Facebook; assist with graphic arts, writing or proofreading our monthly newsletter
- Tuesday Topics: Write speaker reports, write speaker thank you, introduce speakers; suggest speakers
- Transportation: Provide rides to League meetings
- Presentations: Speech or testimony on League issues