As we march toward 2020 and our 100th anniversary, volunteers continue to give their time and energy to ensure that League has a great future. Get involved and make a difference by volunteering locally right here in our league.
- Voter Services: Registering voters; organizing candidate forums;
- Local Observer Corp: Attend city, county or school board meetings and make a short report for our newsletter.
- Membership: Invite people to join; greet attendees at meetings; mentor a new member, calling to encourage member involvement at special events.
- Legislative Watch: Observe committee hearings at the legislature in area of your interest and write a short report to League.
- Action: Write testimony on local or state issues. Write letters to the editor for the League president’s signature.
- Fund Raising: Plan and organize events to raise money for our local league.
- Assist Treasurer: Keep spreadsheets, help audit funds, etc.
- Hospitality/Social Events: Work as greeter at lunch meetings; schedule menus/lunches for meetings; provide desserts and snacks for events.
- Publications: Compile membership directory; compile annual meeting booklet; provide technical assistance for website and Facebook; assist with graphic arts, writing or proofreading our monthly newsletter.
- Tuesday Topics: Write speaker reports; write speaker thank you; introduce speakers; suggest speakers.
- Transportation: Provide rides to League meetings.
- Presentations: Speech or testimony on League issues.