Dates to Remember (2018)
- Sept. 20: Books, Bags and Beyond Fundraiser; $10 to attend. Members are encouraged to invite guests. 401 S.W.Danbury Ln., 5-7 p.m. (See September Voter for details)
- Sept. 25: State Legislative Candidate forum for Shawnee County candidates. 6:30-8:30 p.m., Marvin Auditorium, Topeka Shawnee County Public Library. This is a public event.
- Oct. 6: League Day 2018; Join LWV Kansas for this year’s annual gathering in Wichita; Registration information.
- Oct. 16: Deadline to register for General Election.
- Oct. 23: Candidate Forum for Statewide Elections, co-sponsor with YWCA Advocacy Committee. Time and details to follow.
- Nov. 6: General Election
We publish monthly newsletters summarizing our local activities. The September newsletter is now available.
To view the revised plan and issue papers, see http://snco.us/planning.
The decision to become plaintiffs in a suit against the Kansas documentary proof of citizenship law,
devised by the Kansas Secretary of State and passed by the Kansas Legislature in 2011, drew the League of Women Voters of Kansas (LWVK) into a historical fight for democracy.
League of Women Voters of Kansas News
- Weekly Legislative Reports by Paul Johnson
- Legislative Action Alerts
- LWVK Voter Notes for February
Highlights include LWVK member survey results, state board briefs, and announcement of state council meeting